What is a troll?

I've been called a troll multiple times. I'm rather unsure what this means. Is it an insult to me because I try to have fun with my questions

Please help.

I fear.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • jehen
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

When you 'ask' a question, not to get an answer, but to get a reaction, then you are a troll.  And being called a troll is intended to be an insult.  But if that was your intention (to 'have fun', rather than become informed) then being called a troll shows your 'success'.  

• 1 month ago

It comes from a scary story told to children about a monster that hides under a bridge but has come to mean someone who appears in any group and on the internet that includes social media groups, who pose questions that are not serious but often insulting a group or a person or are just stupid questions such as referring to the wrong period of history or they just are not questions at all but stupid statements., 

• 1 month ago

''Trolling'' is characterized as making disunity on the Internet by beginning fights or disturbing individuals by posting provocative or off-subject messages in an online local area. Fundamentally, a web-based media ''troll'' is somebody who intentionally says something dubious to aggravate different clients.

• Vy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Being called a "troll" is definitely an insult, meaning: "(in Internet slang) a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, you're a troll if you are asking questions just to get a reaction from people rather than actually seeking answers. 

• Audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Fun is not allowed on YA. Verizon said so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.