Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 1 month ago

How to be a famous gamer on YouTube ?

I’m 17 and I finally made my decision in life after I graduate. I want to be a famous YouTuber. My parents think it’s a dumb decision and still rather me go to college but I hate school. I can only see myself as a rapper or YouTube gamer and YouTube is what I want to choose to do any tips on what I should do to blow up on the internet and how long it could take ?

There is no reason why you cant combine Youtube and college. But if I may have a suggestion - making video material for YT does not take much time, editing does. Consider adding Twitch to the mix, you can stream live, build your audience and test how entertaining you are.

No editing needed, and you can stream after college and on weekends. Consistency and a clear schedule it important. There are many ways to make money on twitch that may get you started. Check out some guides on that or this one https://costofincome.com/how-to-make-money-on-twit...

Be yourself, stay consistent and never give up on your dreams.

stay consistent and keep going. that's the rule that most famous YouTubers go by nowadays. however, it is important to always have a backup plan... so as much as I believe in you, also try to listen to your parents and at least have some sort of a backup plan just in case. but keep pushing toward your goals and stay consistent!

not gonna give my name or channel name but I've been a fairly big youtuber in the past here are some tips I use to use, 

1. start small try building up your fan base, 

2. try to stick to a specific demographic, 

3. don't talk politics, 

4. know its gonna take a fair amount of time before you'll make any good money on doing youtube, 

5. stick to a consistent uploads schedule, 

6. try playing popular games, 

7. be confident in your decisions, 

8. don't let haters(hate comments/trolls) bring you down, 

9. when you edit your vids know practice will help improve over time, 

10. pay close attention to youtube's algorithms, 

11. make sure you keep time for friends and family, 

12. don't overwork yourself, 

13. know your limits, 

14. if you feel comfortable with it, try collabing with others/other youtubers, 

15. work with your community not against it, 

16. be respectful, 

17. remember to be yourself, don't try to be someone you're not

18. remember to have fun, cuz if you're having fun that will show in your work, and then more people will think the videos are fun, pointing viewers to want to watch more and share your vids, 

there are more but I can't think of them on the top of my head.

I wish you good luck in your journey of life :-)

Source(s): I been there and shearing some tips I've learned/was taught over the years.

Basically by making a regular habit of appearing on YouTube playing games, and making your channel not a steaming pile of c**p that no one wants to watch because there are better channels to watch.

Most YouTubers seem to tend to go to college to learn a career, and work a job to pay for their content creation activities in their spare time until their channel hits the big time.

How long it takes to make it on YouTube is like asking when you're going to win the lottery..... there's lots of books + tutorial videos showing you the right way of going about doing it, when went it actually happens is anyone's guess.

For instance Matt from DemolitionRanch (aka OperatorDrewski's big brother) went to college to train as an animal doctor... started doing YouTube videos in 2011 in his spare time... didn't seem to really take off until around 2014-2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv9AVEusmes

Youtube thumbnail

Rob from LunkersTV worked a lame job in a chain store before joining the US Army Rangers, then since turned his hand to fishing & hunting videos on YouTube that didn't really seem to be taking off until around 2016/2017 when he started hanging out with Matt from DemolitionRanch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbBTf3anas

Youtube thumbnail

Justin Rackley (aka "LakeForkGuy") also went to college, has done YouTube for a number of years, but only seems to have been the last few years his channel has really started taking off. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpfZgNEmLE

Youtube thumbnail

Then of course there's Roman Atwood.... started working in the family rope factory... quit to start making YouTube videos on the legendary prank channel probably somewhere around 2007-2009 during the earliest days of YouTube... didn't seem to really start to take off until between 2014 - 2017 when he added the vlog channel and hit his peak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnoFtH9EBUs

Youtube thumbnail

Usually a youtuber only gets money after a year of making videos, how do you support yourself for the 1st year?

Also its for the people who know what they are doing!   For example, a computer engineer after working for 10 years and they want to share their knowledge......  not for someone who just a fresh graduate without any experience and no knowledge.

Get a job while making videos....

I would hate to be 17 now.  There is no clear path ahead for you.  College is a bad investment, because tuition costs are outrageous now.  If your parents can pay 100% of the cost of your college so that you graduate with a four-year degree with ZERO debt...

College might still be a bad idea.  You hate school, so I'm questioning what you would get out of it even if you managed to complete another four years...

If you need to get student loans to go to college, then even your PARENTS should understand that college is a terrible idea.  Most college graduates now are stuck with crippling college loan debt that can never be expunged...not even in a bankruptcy.  

Back in the old days, it was common sense that you had to go to college to earn good money.  Even now, there is a myth that a college degree will help you earn $1,000,000 more over your lifetime than if you don't have a college degree.  That is a myth, as it ignores that you could easily spend a half mill or more just GETTING the college degree...and that the interest on that loan could mean that it costs a million or more to pay off the debt.  Put another way...what good is an extra million or so, when it costs you a million or so to qualify for the extra money?

But let's look at what you do if you don't go to college.  You see yourself as a rapper.  OK, the odds on that are 1 in a billion.  And even if you make it, it might take many years to achieve the kind of fame that would pay for itself.  

Or you see yourself as a youtube gamer.  One of millions.  And why would anybody pay to watch you, as opposed to one of those other millions of youtube gamers?  What would make you special, that people would want to watch YOU????  

There is money to be made on youtube if you have something different that nobody else is doing.  But youtube gamer is very common, so there's probably no money in it.

Look, you are an adult now.  As an adult, you need to start taking care of yourself.  While you CAN live with mom and dad...that's not fair to them.  While they love you, they also need their privacy.  They need you out of the house.  You've got to make some kind of decision soon, and that decision can't be "rapper" or "youtube gamer"

I'm not telling you that you can't be a rapper or a youtube gamer.  What I'm telling you is that you need to put those ideas on the back burner and figure out what you are going to do in the near future...like especially the next three or four years starting RIGHT NOW.  

If you'll be graduating high school and you are in relatively decent physical shape (not incredibly overweight, for example) I might suggest you enlist in the U.S. Air Force.  This is assuming you are a United States citizen, of course.  Before you call me nuts, know this...

Military service today (especially the Air Force) is way different than it was even 20 or 30 years ago.  The work is easy, and you often work only 3 or 4 days a week.  I mean, they literally get 3 or 4 day weekends like every other week.  You'd have so much free time that you could easily work on developing some kind of youtube channel.

This might be your best bet to chase your dream.  You need to get out of the house, you need to support yourself somehow for a few years.  You don't want to go to college.  All of this points to military service.  And the Air Force is so easy...if I could go back to my teens, I'd join the Air Force and probably stay in it forever. 

• Mike W

There is no substitute for hard work, there aren't any shortcuts to make it easy.  Make videos that people will want to watch.  Even then there's no guarantee of success, but you'll never know if you don't try.  In the mean time, while you're trying to perfect your craft, you'll probably need a real job to pay the bills.