Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

I'm 35, planning on getting married at 37. I still have not frozen my eggs. Will I ever have 2 kids, like I've always wanted to? ?

• Rick

Freeze some eggs just to be sure you can have kids later on.  If you can't, someone else can carry your future child using your eggs.  

And make sure your husband wants kids.  Lots of couples don't talk about this before getting married, and it can cause a major struggle in the marriage.

That's up to you.You don't need to get married to have kids and having kids is not all it's cracked up to be.

It's impossible to say where your fertility levels might be. While it's true that fertility starts to drop significantly at about the age of 35, some women have no trouble conceiving into their 40s.  Others have real difficulties.

My maternal grandmother didn't marry until her 30s because she had a busy career. She had two children with no difficulty in her late 30s. That was back before any treatments existed. So, you just never know.You should talk all this over with a fertility specialist and perhaps get your hormone levels tested. We are not doctors here, let alone fertility experts, so you should get professional information and advice.