Sharon asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

High testosterone with no direct cause?

Alright, so I have a weird issue. It’s not a “textbook” issue. For context, I’m a 28 year old female. I have always been thin/toned. I’m generally healthy. I’ve never been overweight. I’ve always had hormonal ups and downs that have caused things like acne, etc.. but I’ve always had regular periods. A few months ago, I had an excessive amount of hair fall out, mainly on my crown, but it thinned out everywhere. I, of course, got blood work done. My thyroid is completely normal, and all of my hormones were normal, aside from my testosterone, which was elevated all the way up to 79pg/ml. My progesterone was a little low for my luteal phase (which was the time of the month at which my blood was drawn). I have always regularly, AND recently had everything else checked with my reproductive system. I do not have PCOS or anything similar. I am completely normal, and always have been, other than the fact that my T is high. What could be causing this? Thank you!

ask the person who did all this blood work--they must have had a working differential diagnosis to start and they also examined you and have a history. That is what you pay a consulting fee for. We would be random guessers