Are Type C smartphone ports more durable than others like micro usb?

does Type c last longer?

They are designed in such a way, that the cable is sacrificial. The plug on the end of the cable is weaker then the port on the device. therefore you ware out the cable, and not the port. That's the idea anyway. Doesn't always happen that way. But that's the intended design. So when it quits working, a new cable is usually all you need to fix it. Rather then a new device. In most cases the port will outlast the supported lifespan of the device itself. So under normal circumstances, you shouldn't have to worry about it. 

Yes, type C will last longer.

Yes, the C Type lasts longer.

Yes, type C will last longer.

type c is much better than micro usb

• Lance

The advantage of the type C connection is that they are reversible meaning the connector can go in either way with out damaging the connector. Also they carry a higher amperage for a faster charge...

They are just as sturdy as all the past charging ports. The problem is that most of the charging port issues, come from people using the phone while charging it (normally with a cord that's too short), or yanking the cord yo unplug it or pull the cord to get the phone closer to them after dropping it.  I've been using different phones with all different charging ports over several years, and have yet to have one stop working. 

i dont know, maybe. i take care of my ports and try to charge wirelessly when I can anyway. i think that if you abuse it like any port eventually it will bend or wear out the contacts and stop working 

I don't know, but I never had any issues with a micro but the C on my current phone is quite touchy (i.e. easily comes unplugged, needs to be put in just right, to charge) I usually charge wirelessly, so I don't even use the port that much except in the car (which hasn't been very much for a year)