Do you know your great grandparents names?

Yes, I do and some ancestors before that.

• I've been told them but I don't really remember hun.

I think one was named Lillian.

Only one of them and that's only because one of my grandfathers was a "junior." And in all seriousness I really don't care. All of them except the one whose first name I do know died before I was born.

Only two of them.  Louisa and Giuseppe. 

The Scottish Grands,   never, ever talked about their families. 

She was Catholic, and he was a Protestant  so when they married, BOTH families completely disowned them, and declared them DEAD. 

So they said "screw it"  and left for America.......and left  everything and everyone behind. 

He died before I was born, and my grandmother, whenever asked about her relatives,  would just change the subject and refuse to discuss it. 

It was only years later, we learned thru some other relative, that she actually had a sister,  who she hadn't spoken to in over 60 years!!!!!!

But when some relative died......they both found themselves in the same room.............and fell into each others arms, and cried their eyes out at how foolish it all was.....that they didn't speak for 60 years. 

But she still refused to say anything  about her parents or inlaws, at all....but at least made peace with her sister. 

My father was raised to believe that he had no living grandparents.  They were never spoken of.  Clearly, the wound went deep- 

Yes. Remember,  this include two sides of patents and Both  GGmas'  Maiden names, too. So, four  surnames as well as 4 first names/middle names (if any)

Dad's side:  Frank Sanford S____,  Ada  Humphrey S____ S_____.

Mom's:         Arthur Fitzgerald H____,  Florence Ann J________ H_____.

Tough Enough keeping track of my Wife's. She has first, middle name, maiden name, as well surname of her late hubby, then,  My surname.  That is Five.....

Of course . . . . . too bad we have some many who don't even know their father's name.

• Jamie

Yes I do .

Fanny and Abraham 

Dorothy and Thomas .

• Rick

on my Dad's side, as we have all had the 'family' name ............

I know my name...I am a great grandparent...#9 just last week.

I have a copy of my grandparent's wedding license, so, yes.