Do most atheists on here believe there should not be freedom of religion?

Thunder, Christian people often get a lot of fulfillment in bringing their ideals to non believer's, I do think you're painting a really inaccurate picture of Christians

• Tony B

I've never come across anyone who thought there shouldn't be “freedom of religion” (assuming that you mean people should be free to follow whatever religion they wanted, or to abstain from it altogether).

I don't even know how a person could be prevented from being a Christian or Muslim or whatever - how would that work?

I'd say I hold typical atheist views on religion: I don't believe in God. I don't care if anyone else does and they are welcome to follow whatever religion they want.

• ?

How could there not be freedom of religion? You can't force ignorance on people by law.

Obviously.

Why else would they swamp Religion & Spirituality to continually deny God?

They show themselves utter monsters.

They come on here (to quote someone here), to shove their gargage down our throats.

Wow! just look at the rank dishonesty of so many of the answers!

Oh, certainly!  We atheists are all against motherhood, God, and apple pie.  Everybody knows that.  I'm surprised you even asked.

IMHO, atheists think there should be no religion at all, for they acknowledge only that no gods, or God exist. 

I can only speak for me.  I am VERY MUCH in favor of freedom of religion.  I think religion is wrong.  It's a logical error, and has done incalculable amounts of harm over the millennia.  But in no way do I want the state enforcing that.

I know that the religious are always very happy when they read my posts.  Thank you!  Seriously, I have to say that my years of research into religions has given me the way to really understand what religion is all about.  Going back as near as just a few hundred years, religion was used mostly to control the under class, slaves etc. Today it remains a method of control of believers, to collect money from them and in most cases the guardians of a religion or ministry uses a large percentage of collected monies to live in large, beautiful homes, have airplanes, various expensive cars and limos, etc.  Anyone  foolish enough to give their money away to a con artist or any church, fine, but that religion or church should  pay property taxes as do all other kinds of organizations. Why should the populace have to pay more property taxes because religions do not pay their share?  The membership of churches/ministries need to pay the various taxes for that church/ministry and not push off that responsibility onto other citizens who are not  members of such church/ministry. Also, some churches; I know that the Catholic churches have schools, and that irks the hell out of me, because I have to pay by way of my taxes so other people can send their children to a religion school,. Non believers' taxes are used to support religion schools, and such schools use that chance to indoctrinate children. There are public schools and private schools, and if parents want to send their children to private religion school or any private school they should pay that cost themselves. In regular private schools parents pay for their children to attend,  why do church schools function on other persons taxes.  One more thing; stop bothering families trying to rest or enjoy a nice evening at home, by ringing doorbells or knocking on doors.  Nobody needs anyone to come to their house trying to sell a religion.  We know about religions and do not need anyone to tells us that we should join a religion and that it will make our lives happier and better.  I do not hate religions, I think religion is silly and uses its members and anyone else they can..  I hope that you down voters will understand that giving your money to a church/ministry and then want nonbelievers to pay to send your children to be indoctrinated, then you are just being ever more unintelligent than I thought you were.  And you call yourselves honest! Thank you.

I can't speak for most atheists.

No because atheists aren't radicals they just don't believe in God.  I bet there was not one atheist at the insurrection because most atheists are better people than radicalized so called christians.  Jesus knows who is truly christian you can't hide the truth of your ugly heart to him.  

That depends on what you mean by 'freedom of religion'. You should be free to worship the god you believe in as you please, and to tell others about it. You should not be free to tell other people that they have to abide by the rules of your religion, or deny them public services because they contradict your rules.

Even the phrase "bringing their ideals to non believer's[sic]" is ambiguous. What do you mean by bringing other people your ideals?