Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If a grown man keeps taking photographs of you, your mrs and your kids having lunch at a holiday resort ?

and your eldest kid, shes barely 15...

is he breaking the law ?

keep in mind the other kids are aged 12 and 9 ,  two girls one boy.

his photos however show many people sat enjoying their meals not just mine.

however i did not give him authorization to take photos where my family would be in them.

yet he ever so calmly keeps snapping.

do i reserve teh right to get up and approach him and ask him why hes taking pictures and if so, can he show them to me ?

does he have to show them to me ?

secondly if he refuses can i grab his camera off of him using force ??

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jas B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The sensible first thing to do is to tell him it bothers you that he is taking photos of your family and will he stop.  This can be done politely.  If you ask him to stop taking photos and he refuses, the next step would be to report him to the manager of the restaurant.

Of course you cant grab his camera and try to force him to show you anything, that would be assault.  You can ask him to show you the photos, he does not have to do so,  but  why.  What can he possibly have pictures of which would offend you if you and your family are simply in a public place just eating a meal.

I think you are probably over reacting, but if he was still to continue after all this then report him to the police, they will advise you on the law and how you or they can best deal with it.

• 1 month ago

That would depend almost entirely upon the photography policy of the property owners (the resort) as to whether ANY such thing were allowed. Absent a rule, he would generally be allowed to photograph you or anyone else, up to the point it becomes a nuisance or distressing.  No, you can't demand to see someone else's photos. No, you cannot grab his camera (unless you like choking on your own teeth when he legally defends himself).

You may simply tell him you're uncomfortable about it and ask him to stop.

As for people saying he can't publish or sell the photos without your permission, they're almost certainly wrong, but it depends upon the laws of that locale.

• 1 month ago

Only if he is within your personal space and refuses your request to leave it.

• 1 month ago

If you are in a public place, you are open to photographers taking photos of you

Selling them however is against the law, but just taking them, nope that is legal

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're eating lunch in a public setting where there's no expectation of privacy.   He doesn't "have" to show you his pictures and you can't grab his camera.  How do you know you're actually in the pictures to begin with?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

>is he breaking the law ?

Not on the face of it

>keep in mind the other kids are aged 12 and 9 ,  two girls one boy.

There seems to be one missing, unless you have twins

>his photos however show many people sat enjoying their meals not just mine.

lol... you two friends then?.. he's shown you his photos?

>does he have to show them to me ?

No

>secondly if he refuses can i grab his camera off of him using force ??

Yes.. but expect jail time..

..also.. bad troll

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Laws vary greatly from place to place so we need more information about that

• Susie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No you can’t grab his camera or use any force🙄.  If you are in public and he isn’t stalking you then he has every right. He does  not have a right to publicize them (if you are identifiable in them) without your permission.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.