Annie asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Why was Patrick Mahomes injured? Was it intentional or accidental? Who would want to hurt someone on the field on purpose right?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well he had a foot injury in the beginning then a head injury 

• wereq
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

The object of the defense is to get the offense down or take the ball from them. Everything about it was intentional except that he got hurt in such a way. It's football, it's a game, stuff happens... Basketball isn't nearly the contact sport but I've spent roughly a third of my life playing it... I've seen people break their backs, countless shredded ankles, broken noses, broken arms, broken ribs... I'm 31 with the back of a 62 year old now because of it. Football is MUCH worse. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Defenses have always tried to knock the opposing QB out of the game. It is a good way to gain an advantage since the best teams have the best QBs. The league knows it and it tries to protect the best football players. Currently, even hitting a quarterback hard and legally can often result in a penalty. Mahomes was running and he was tackled hard. It is partially his fault. He should slide instead of running for a few extra yards. The defender definitely hit him hard and slammed his helmet into the ground to cause a concussion. The NFL should adopt soft shell helmets so as to reduce head injuries. Soft helmets absorb the energy of the impact, sort of like the bumper on a bumper car. It is amazing that few sports teams have thought about soft shelled helmets even though they have been around for decades. Indianapolis Motor Speedway and baseball stadiums installed soft, shock absorbing walls and it reduces injuries and deaths. Football needs to do similar things. . 

• 1 month ago

Shame on the chiefs they had way to many fans we just passed 400 k dead from Covid and no doubt those greedy bastards Cheifs will add to that number go Bills beat those sob's .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Anyone who thinks that was intentional is a moron and doesn't deserve a response.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He was just constipated

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A lot of players get concussions.  It's why so many of them are brain-damaged imbeciles that hate America.

• 1 month ago

Fake injury to have the bills win so the narrative will be to help save mahones scripted career. They can blame it on the injury. 

Or

He'll play with the injury and win so the narrative can be he overcame the injury because he's the goat. 

He'll play vs Tommy Brady and win so the torch can be passed. 

• 1 month ago

Injuries are part of the game. If the league finds a player hurt somebody on purpose, he will be fined, suspended, or both.

• 1 month ago

It wasn't intentional, or even reckless.  Just a tackle.  Seeing the replay, I'm not even sure how it happened.  He got a little hit up top on the initial tackle, but then as they went down, Mahomes' head kind of bopped into the ground a bit...but not that viciously.  I was surprised when he tried to stand and couldn't without help because he was so dizzy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.