Moody Cracker asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Can someone answer my questions about lasik eye surgery?

I really want this done because my eye sight keeps deteriorating. I can't afford to keep buying glasses, especially when my children nearly break them while I'm wearing them. I can't even read out of my current pair that I haven't even had that long. I stopped being able to read out of them about 6 or 8 months in.

I have questions about it.

-What's the going rate for lasik eye surgery in NC?

-How long will my new eye sight last?

-Does it hurt?

How bad does my eyes have to be before they'll do it?

Can they just do it if I pay?

• 19 hours ago

SRG Eye Hospital in Ahmadabad is top rated as one of the leading best eye hospital in Ahmadabad.

We are dedicated to providing a positive experience for our patients thorough professionalism, a positive attitude, and the efficient teamwork, the best hospital all type of Eye treatment.

If you have Lasik be careful and go to a good certified doctor that has a lot of experience and has performed a lot of surgeries. I'd pay more if it means better surgery and care. 

Don't go to a cheap inexperienced doctor. Not trying to scare you but I've heard of surgeries going wrong. 

LASIK surgery costs, on average, between $1,000 and $3,000 per eye. 

For the majority of people who have LASIK, they remain happy with their vision after 10 years.

Fortunately, LASIK eye surgery is not painful. Right before your procedure, your surgeon will place numbing eye drops into both of your eyes. While you may still feel a little bit of pressure during the procedure, you should not feel any pain.

A refractive error is measured in diopters — a unit used to denote the strength of your lens.

To qualify for the newest LASIK surgery, your refractive prescription should fall within the following:

Up to -8.0 diopters of nearsightedness, or

Up to -3.0 diopters of astigmatism, or

Up to -9.0 diopters nearsightedness with astigmatism; and,

The amount of nearsightedness with or without astigmatism in your eye did not change by more than 0.5 diopters during the year before your pre-operation examination.

I don't know for the last question. It depends on the person.

• kelvin

before they even think about doing anything on your eyes they have to do an examination on them and than they will go from there and no to the second part of your question and if you don't want the children breaking them get contacts

Consult an eye surgeon.  We have no idea what they charge.

If your eyes are changing, you can't have LASIK. Your vision must be stable for a couple of years before they will do it. If it is not a good idea to do it, they will not do it just because you are willing to pay for it. If your main problem is seeing up close, we don't have good procedures for that.

Most clinics that specialize in Lasik offer financing (usually through Care Credit).  Cost is almost never covered by insurance in the US.  Average cost is $1000 per eye.

Your 1st eye exam is generally free and they will explain what they can do for you. Lasik doesn't hurt but right after and until the next day, sunlight will really hurt.  Go home, go to sleep and the next day you wake up with new eyesight.

It will last about 15-25 years.  They will not do it on pregnant women or young kids.

Pregnancy makes your eyesight go crazy and young kid's eyesight is not stable enough.  They usually correct for distance, not close up so you may have to wear

inexpensive reading glasses.

It's worth it and amazing to get your eyesight back!

• Kerri

Going rate varies anywhere from $250 to $1000 per eye, the results are usually for life if done well and the surgery itself does not hurt as the eyeball itself doesn’t have feel pain like the skin does. Eye is numbed with spray and surgery lasts about 15 min each eye. Some rare people end up with chronic and mostly untreatable eye pain though it’s rare. Most insurance will cover at least a portion of surgery.