Anonymous

How can I stop being shy?

I am a married female with 2 little boys. How can I stop being so shy about everything and I always feel myself blush. I want to learn to stop being shy...

Please only kind answers 

Is your shyness because of your big hairy bush??

En continuant de l être petit jusqu'à boum

i don't know if you can just change that, i know i used to be shy, and how i changed was i just got into a friend group which i could be myself in, they were loud, proud and didn't care what anyone thought and overtime i became the same.

though i think my rise in confidence was also due to me growing up and looking more like the person i wanted to look like than the chubby kid i was before. but who knows.

nothing wrong with being shy anyway, it's just how some people are. nothing to be ashamed of

Shyness is a strength which keeps folks from trouble zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• Jane

Blushing means that you're an honest person, you will never try to play someone or be false or shallow. To me, this is a strength. But for you, it means that you feel exposed, and this is uncomfortable.

I wish for you that you can accept and learn to love your honesty, that it is ok for you to be yourself as a shy person.

Growing up, I had a stammer, that made it difficult for me to speak - it was my blush in the sense that I couldn't hide it when I felt shy or stressed. I found singing in a choir incredibly helpful, I could find my voice working with others, without having to be up front.

Maybe you can find your 'choir' (voice), a way to get involved with your community eg other parents, using online chat and local support groups, then when lockdown measures are eased you can begin to meet friends you have met online.

Wishing you all the very best xx

• T C

I remember many times standing in the front of the class, and I could feel the blush rising like the mercury in a thermometer. Of course, someone would inevitably make a comment, and it would get worse; I don’t think I was shy …but public speaking was my kryptonite.

Thankfully, I got over that by putting myself in the situations where I had to speak in front of people and I came to realize that the more prepared I was, the more confident I was, and the better I did; and now I do it all the time.

I also had to change what came out of my mouth or was rolling around in my head about how I pictured my myself, and how I wanted to picture myself. I realize that this may sound really stupid, but it is truth, and it does work.

There is a biblical verse from Proverbs 4:23 (Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.)

Literal translation could read – “Guard your inner most being with all perseverance as a watchman in a guard house, for what is released from the inner most being, is your way of living life in speech or action.”

How you see yourself… is what and who you will be …the words that come out of your mouth, reinforce what you believe of yourself. And that is where you need to start, if you want to change.

A simple phrase to remember is – Confession (what you say) of belief, yields receipt of confession.

**How do you WANT to see yourself is what you need to confess. I use to stand in front of a mirror and make my positive affirmations ….then mentally picture myself in situations…. becoming what I was confessing…..It does work…. even though it may sound like you are lying to yourself…you are mentally and verbally changing who you were, to who you want to become.

When my daughter started high school, someone told her she was shy….and she latched on to that and started to believe it, and pulled herself back. I sat with her one night and told her just to change the word SHY to RESERVED. The word Shy almost carries a negative connotation….whereas Reserved employs a more sophisticated “I will analyze and access and then speak or act, overtone.”

Words mean things – we communicate to others with words and we communicate to ourselves. Use the words that communicate GREATNESS to ourselves and we will reflect that to others in our speech and actions.

"Assume a virtue if you have it not."

Shakespeare

You can PRETEND to be confident.

• T J

Have you tried seeing a therapist.

• God

A basic personality trait like being shy or outgoing is hard to change.  Just learn to accept how you are.