Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

How can I rid musky body odor?

I shower  atleast once  daily, if not twice with warm water , a washcloth and bar soap.

Paying special attention to the groin and washing more thoroughly in that area.

However shortly  after , there's usually  an unpleasant musky odor. 

Would baby powder be of benefit?

Or White stick deodorant  in that area?

Update:

I should probably note I'm male .

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Try a nice smelling body lotion

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How about going to your doctor *just to rule out certain health issues* that may cause the musty odor, especially if it's from the groin region.  A board-certified urologist may check for urinary tract infection (UTI) - which may include a bladder infection - yeast infection, or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).

• Donna
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Some kind of powder will probably help. Make sure it is cornstarch based, and consider a more natural option, as scientists are finding out that a lot of the chemicals added to body care products are harmful and even cancer-causing. Make sure you are drinking enough water too, and eating some veggies. Make sure you can get some air in the area at night, like wear looser clothes that are 100% cotton, or something like that. Hope this helps. 

• ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Personally, I prefer "body wash" gel stuff instead of bar soap, but being a man, (like you) it doesn't take long for my nuts to start smelling "manly."  I dunno what to tell you.  Possibly try to reduce spices in your diet and eat some more veggies.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Are you a man or woman?  You didn't say.  

• 1 month ago

Maybe you should see a doctor

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

apply rubbing alcohol on your groin area after showering.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.