Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

How can I rid musky body odor?

I shower  atleast once  daily, if not twice with warm water , a washcloth and bar soap.

Paying special attention to the groin and washing more thoroughly in that area.

However shortly  after , there's usually  an unpleasant musky odor. 

Would baby powder be of benefit?

Or White stick deodorant  in that area?

I should probably note I'm male .

Try a nice smelling body lotion

How about going to your doctor *just to rule out certain health issues* that may cause the musty odor, especially if it's from the groin region.  A board-certified urologist may check for urinary tract infection (UTI) - which may include a bladder infection - yeast infection, or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).

• Donna

Some kind of powder will probably help. Make sure it is cornstarch based, and consider a more natural option, as scientists are finding out that a lot of the chemicals added to body care products are harmful and even cancer-causing. Make sure you are drinking enough water too, and eating some veggies. Make sure you can get some air in the area at night, like wear looser clothes that are 100% cotton, or something like that. Hope this helps. 

• ron h

Personally, I prefer "body wash" gel stuff instead of bar soap, but being a man, (like you) it doesn't take long for my nuts to start smelling "manly."  I dunno what to tell you.  Possibly try to reduce spices in your diet and eat some more veggies.  

• ?

Are you a man or woman?  You didn't say.  

Maybe you should see a doctor

apply rubbing alcohol on your groin area after showering.