Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 2 months ago

Are the richest and most intelligent people in the world moving innovation too quickly?

The pace of technology advancement I believe is outpacing the abilities of the poorest and most uneducated in society. In 50-100 years I believe that the pace of civilizations advancement will be so rapid that those who don’t have access to education or the ability to become proficient with new age technologies and learn hard science topics will be left in the dust and will be replaced by AI and robots completely, leaving them unemployable and on the streets unless the government creates some sort of universal basic income to support those who aren’t smart enough to get jobs in the future society where you will need to have high intelligence to outperform and provide incentives for companies to hire you. Manual basic unskilled labor will be entirely performed by robots and computers. It’s already underway and it’ll only accelerate in the next 100 years 

Update:

We are moving from a labor and service economy to an intellectual economy 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Innovation has nothing to do with wealth or intelligence.  Innovation American style is called American pragmatism.  That means all of us are free to make things work better or to leave it alone if it ain't broke.   That is how America was built by poor uneducated immigrants. That way of thinking does not exist anywhere else on Earth. 

You need to learn some history.  Everything you wear.  Everything you eat.  All the medicine and machines that keep you alive.  All the machines that move you.  All the energy you consume.  All of it right now comes from labor and the incentive to use money to make money.  Your intellectual economy is airhead nonsense.

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just the opposite.  If in a 100 years there is incredible AI.  Then getting a lot of education is redundant.  It would be jobs done by stupid people that computers would not be doing.

• Oiy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No, on the other hand, it makes everything so simple like a matter of click to use it without any knowledge required. The poor will have the same productivity as the rich using AI.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You don't need to understand technology to use it.  I wouldn't be surprised if most car owners couldn't explain the science behind any of the features their car has. 

Your just repeating all the same fears people had during the industrial revolution. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Last bit of smoke from oil comes from last tail pipe 

• 2 months ago

Yours are not new thoughts.  There  are all kinds of scifi, for example, where technology advances put humankind in peril.  "I Robot" and "Terminator" are two such themes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.