Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Which decade had the better music: the 1970s or 1980s?

Not sure where to put this question but history seems like an ok section for this 

Favorite Answer

'70s for sure. '80s got really cheesy and formulaic. The '70s had so much more creative freedom from fads, public influence, and most importantly the monetary-minded labels. A song like Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody would never have been possible in the '80s.

I was a teenager in the 2000s, so I have an unbiased retrospect. 

I like the 80's better, not because of the hip hop though. Bands like Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Nitzer Ebb, The Shamen, Art Of Noise, Kmfdm, REM, and so many more.

The 70's      

late 50s early 60s was the best . 

i think they both did

I agree with Olive for the same reasons, she's probably a similar age to me.  I liked the seventies but I was a teenager in the eighties so I like music from then too, and maybe a bit more.

• Olive

I like both decades of music. But lean more towards the 80s music, I grew up with it.  Thanks but im a guy, np tho