Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Is this implantation bleeding or perimenopause starting?

I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility 6 years ago and was told no chance of pregnancy. I am 43 yrs old. Contacted my OBGYN she said everyone is stressing out over COVID, periods are off, that is what I experienced and am too young for Perimenopause.

Sorry for TMI to follow. 

Periods over the last 3 months average out to a 27 day cycle before it was 28, 29, or 30 days. Periods last 5 to 6 days with lots of cramping, spotting, medium to very heavy flow with super large clots and at the end of the period a few days of when wiping its brown. I had normal periods October 10, 2020, November 05, 2020, and November 30, 2020. 

Strange period December 29, 2020 3 days before my period at the end of December I had the usual cramps with the diarrhea that I got sometimes before my period. 

December 29, 2020 My period started it was bright red, with a medium flow, and small clots. 

December 30, 2020 Bright red period but flow was a bit lighter not much on the pads. 

December 31, 2020 Very light period flow, still bright red but barley anything on pads. 

January 1, 2021 period stopped completely just occasionally brown when wiping.

January 2, 2021 In the afternoon period started up very light flow barley anything on pad but bright red when wiping and not much blood when wiping.  

January 3, 2021 Bright red period when wiping nothing on pad. 

January 4, 2021 Period stopped occasional brown when wiping.

Should I test for pregnancy? If so what is good test to use? No symptoms.

Starting to experience on/off cramping tonight with just a drop of spotting which stopped and this is my normal before my period which is due sometime next week. 

I have no pregnancy symptoms what so ever could my age be a factor in it? Should I wait to see if I get my period before I test? Thank you again for all your help.

• Tavy

How old is your Obgyn ? Not very old I would think. My perimenopause started at 38, all over by 42. Same as my mother and many other people.

Rule of thumb here in the U.K. is ask your mother, we tend to follow their cycle.