Are we more susceptible to Viruses than ever before.?

More and more we have moved to online forms for much of our activities. What stops one of those really big computer viruses from locking down every thing? 

I assume from the category that you mean computer viruses.  I think the most susceptibility was right after most people got a permanent connection to the internet.  In the beginning, people ran thei Windows 98 or XP with no antivirus at all.  After that, technology has evolved to make things more secure, even though new threats do evolve, too.

It's like biological viruses.  Before when people were loose bands of hunter gatherers, there wasn't an easy way for bacteria and viruses to spread among us.  When we made cities, people were packed closer together and disease could spread, but we evolved technologies like washing hands, cooking food, and more recently, medicines, vaccines, and social distancing.

• Jim

Use better security software.

There is a different type of security most people never heard of but they use it everyday. Public access computers like schools, libraries, government computers that have public acces, lockdown their computers with System Restore software so if they get viruses or someone messes up the computer they just reboot and the computer is restored back in time. Similar to 'System Restore' but much more powerful. I have been using a program for the last 8 years called 'DeepFreeze'. You install it and it has only two modes. Thawed and frozen. Or on and off. In 'Frozen Mode' anything you do on your computer is totally erased if you reboot, including viruses or installed programs etc. In thawed mode you can make changes. The real beauty is your computer doesn't slow down or need cleaning or defragging etc etc because it always stays the same. My 8 year old computer runs exactly the same as it did when I bought it. I stopped using antiviruses many years ago because they are not as good at stopping malware as this program. I can delete registry keys and totally mess up the computer and I just reboot and it's back to how it was before. Secondly I open my web browser with a Sandbox software called "Sandboxie'. This is the gold standard of sandbox software and it's now free. I have been using it since it was first invented. I was a beta tester years ago for a 12 engine cloud Antivirus but I  no longer need it as DeepFreeze is much better. If you get a virus that locks all your files, simply reboot and all is back to normal. DeepFreeze costs money but there are plenty of freebies. Look up DeepFreeze alternatives free versions. I watch movies and TV shows on those risky web sites and antiviruses cannot keep up with new malware. 8 years and I  haven't scanned my computer even once. Never cleaned or defragged and it runs like brand new, zero maintenance. Or you can only lock C Drive and leave other partitions unlocked to do work.

No,we are not more susceptible to Viruses than ever before.

No. it is surprising that a serious epidemic didn't happen before. Actually we are stronger due to breeding diversity and global exposure to a variety of bacteria and viruses.

• ?

GMO grown foods have reduced our immune system ability to fight off infections and viruses. That along with "watering down" vaccines and other pharmaceuticals only adds aggravates and worsens the problem.

yes we are more susceptible to Viruses than ever before.

The virus always hunting you its common issue, but awareness is In your hand, don't use any suspicious site, use antivirus, and always backup your data. That's it. 

Actually, I think you are much safer against viruses if you data and apps are in the cloud.

Ask yourself what is likely to be safer?  Your Microsoft Office 365 apps and OneDrive online storage with Microsoft experts running it in their secured data centers, backed up in multiple locations, and where they can virus protect the whazoo out of it?  Or on your laptop where if you open an email and click a link you can infect your laptop?

Nothing.