Touchless kitchen faucet or regular faucet?

We have one that turns on and off by touching it. Delta. We got it to prevent the mess from the wet hands getting all over the faucet and sink like regular faucets cause.

regular faucet................

get a regular one as a plumber i can tell you the touchless brake down all the time and cost a fortune to fix 

A regular faucet is likely to be much more reliable.  With complexity comes an increased likelihood for failure.

Some homeowners do not consider them because they cost more than traditional sink faucets. However, they can save you money over time by reducing water usage since they have automatic faucet shut-off.

• ?

Regular. What if the damn touchless thing gets too smart? Revolts and sprays all nilly willy?

New technology always comes with unforeseen problems. Just like the cell phone with instant communications. We now have distracted drivers talking and texting - sometimes killing other drivers. I would go back to the time tested manual faucet. The fewer the parts (especially electronic), the less likelihood of a failure.

• T C

I like the touchless in the bathrooms.

I didn’t go with the touchless in the kitchen because I am always varying the water temps, which has to be done manually …so to me, no point.

My only drawback on touchless is when I am at someone else’s house and I stand in front of the faucet waiting for it to turn on.

• Kathy

A regular faucet.....

🥴 If you can afford a touchless, do it. Otherwise, regular is cheaper. 

My primary concern would be how deep the basin is and how tall the spout is. 

Big pots fit better.