Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPlayStation · 1 month ago

Is it worth it to get a PS2 again in 2021? ?

Is it worth it? Sure.

Honestly I think it’s more worth it to buying a fat 60GB PS3, tho if you know how to, then I do recommend swapping the 60GB HDD to a 500GB or 1TB 2.5” HDD so you can store more content on there.  

I say the original fat 60GB model with the 4 USB ports in the front because that’ll give you the ability to play physical & digital copies of PS2 games AND its still capable of providing you with some basic apps like YouTube, Netflix, Spotify, Tubi TV & Crunchyroll. Just keep in mind it is a console made in the mid 2000’s, so it will be slightly sluggish at times. 

Not to mention it can play back BluRay, DVD, CD & compatible digital media files from a portable FAT32 formatted drive (USB thumb/flash drive & the memory sticks for the PSP & some mid 2000’s digital camera is already in this format). 

So the PS3 basically has a lot of functions that many of us still use regularly today. 

If there are games that you want to play, it is worth it to you.  Nothing we can say can change that.

To me, it wouldn't be worth it, but I'm not you.  You are you.  You have to make that decision.