Bleeding eye?!?

Hello, I would appreciate any medical professional to help me with my question.

Since monday I have found a patch of blood on my eye after waking from my slumber, at first it was not that big, but one day later, I noticed it spreading out. I have asked some doctor friends what it could be and they have told me not to worry, that it is probably just a burst vein in the eye, and that it will clear up after two weeks. 

I do not unnecessarily go to the doctor if it will heal on it's own but I need your advice please. 

Side note: I worked on my computer for a few hours today, and that has made my eye feel warm and a little uncomfortable but not sore. 

Thanks dear YA community. 

Stay safe out there.

C*

Favorite Answer

My eye has looked exactly like that.  I have had it happen at least three different times.  (for me, it usually happens if I have been up for too long or if I have spent too much time on my computer.)

It is a burst blood vessel in the eye.It WILL get better after about two weeks.  It will start looking gradually better over the next several days and by the end of about two weeks, you will barely notice that anything was ever wrong.Avoiding bright lighting and reducing time spent on bright computer screens will probably help it feel better.  

The only reason to see a doctor would be if you are actually having trouble seeing out of that eye or if there is extremely uncomfortable pain.  (it shouldn't hurt too much - maybe just feel a little "puffy" at times - so kind of odd feeling - but not actual pain.)

may you have a vitamin c, d problem

2 weeks is about right

Conjunctivitis hemorrhage can be caused by many reasons, the 2 biggest causes are getting hit or a violent sneeze  (I've had 2 from sneezing)

Not dangerous 

The blood will get away by its own. Take vitamin c regularly - tI will make your venes more flexible. 

• Shark

don't worry about that

I agree with your doctor friends. Subconjunctival hemorrhage are just broken blood vessels in the eye that are caused my stuff like trauma or simple things like vommiting and such. It should clear  up within 2 days or up to 2 weeks (It's different for everyone) 

Correct, it’s a subconjunctival hemorrhage and it will clear up on its own. They just happen periodically, sometimes with no cause.

Don't worry about it.  Your doctor friends are right, it's just a burst blood vessel.  The blood vessels in the eye are very small but can bleed a lot.

These are usually caused by your eye rubbing on something while you sleep and sometimes caused by a temporary spike in your blood pressure.   I get them about 5 or 6 times a year and they heal in a day or two.  Fortunately the eye heals very, very quickly.