Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Can I get unemployment if I got fired ?

I got fired from my last job for breaking a policy so I was at fault. However, people I know keep telling me I should apply for unemployment but I thought you could only get that if you were layed off. Lately I’ve been looking for jobs but nowhere is hiring due

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

stimulus money dude....  or you can work at the hospital....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

don't worry 33 million people are out of work, you're just another one of them losers lol

• 1 month ago

Possibly.  It depends on the state and why you were fired.

• 1 month ago

The general rule is you have to lose your job through no fault of your own. If you are fired for something you did, that is supposed to disqualify you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You may get benefits even if you were fired depending on the conditions.  What was the policy which you broke?  Was it a significant policy which would affect the business?

• 1 month ago

Apply for unemployment.  The former employer can challenge it, but you won't know until you try.

• 1 month ago

No you cannot get unemployment

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You might as well file for unemployment. You typically cannot get unemployment if you quit. If you are fired for cause your employer can contest the unemployment if they wish (but they don't have to) and the Unemployment system will make the determination if the unemployment  will be granted or not.  I once handed in my resignation but then my boss mentioned I could not get unemployment if I quit, so they fired me and then I collected unemployment.

• Clyde
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes you can get the money, that’s why the boss wants us to quit so he won’t have to pay you

• Mog
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. You can apply but you won’t be approved for benefits unless they make a mistake. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.