Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

How much do elementary school teachers make a week in Illinois ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • donnie
    Lv 7
    2 days ago

not much I know that much

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You can't be serious.  Illinois is a big place and the teachers' salaries depend on the school district.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Each school district usually works with it's union and they establish (negotiate), the pay schedule.  So you really need to check with a specific district. We have 2 districts in my county and their pay schedules are nothing alike

• 1 month ago

The average weekly pay for an Elementary School Teacher in Illinois is $597.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Pay depends on the specific district in which you work, your level of education, and your years of experience.

The average teacher in Illinois makes about $65k a year.  However, that includes some high-paying districts in wealthier areas and teachers with many years of education and experience.

A bill was passed a few years ago to guarantee that minimum teacher pay in Illinois would be $40k by 2023.  I believe that minimum teacher pay in Illinois this year is about $32k (they are gradually increasing it).  

It is not a high-paying career; the cost of living is often higher in those areas where the salaries are higher.

• 1 month ago

not nearly enough

• 1 month ago

Each school district usually works with it's union and they establish (negotiate), the pay schedule.  So you really need to check with a specific district. We have 2 districts in my county and their pay schedules are nothing alike

• 1 month ago

Teachers don't get paid by the week. They have an annual salary. Each school system is different. You can look up the schools systems- there will be a list of salary ranges. In most systems, it makes a difference if you have a master's degree, and the salaries go up by years of experience. I'm fairly sure that schools in the Chicago system, for example, pay more than those in smaller towns and rural areas. Starting salaries for teachers range from $35,000 to $60,000 depending on the cost of living in the area. Paychecks usually come monthly, and in most systems, they divide the salary into 12 monthly payments. Be sure to subtract about 25% for taxes, social security,  insurance, etc. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.