Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Does Robert sound too adult for a baby?

My cousin's boyfriend wants to name their son that if it's a boy.

Honestly, the name chosen for that boy doesn't really sound good together. Middle name is Mark.

Seriously though, does Robert sound too adult?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Robert sounds like a "Baby Boomer Name." There were way too dads named Robert, Rob, and Bob when I was growing up. These names sound generic to me. 

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

its a good name call him robert as a child then my son bob after he grows up .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A baby is a baby for a short time. Babies grow up into adults where they use their names more often than a baby. Besides, sometimes families come up with nicknames for Robert, like Rob, Robby, Bob, Bobby or even Bert.

People seldom call their loved ones by their middle name and friends don't either. Even as adults, middle names are rarely used except on important documents.

I named my son Andrew. He never allowed anyone to call him Andy or Drew.

• 1 month ago

NO!!! I has a childhood friend named 'Robert', He was nicknamed 'Bob/Bobby'. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Just because a parent names their son Robert - does not mean they will always call him that..............they can shorted it to Bob or Bobby.

• GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Even if I agree with you, or anyone else does, it's none of your business. Names tend to get shortened, anyway, so he might be adressed as Robbie or Bobby.  IMO, it's better to give a child a 'grown up' name, than something 'cute' , that they have to live down.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. Call him Bobby  

• 1 month ago

It's got nothing to do with you so build a bridge 

• Marie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you don’t like Robert use it as an official name but use a nickname like Robbie, Rob, Bo, Bobby.  My brother used different one of these depending on how he felt. Robert Mark flows good 

• Moya
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Its a good name   

Robert Mark   

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.