Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 month ago

Could america buy japan?  I feel like japan would be a good asset to the USA?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

China is now the second largest economy in the world ...

Japan is in deep doo doo ...

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Do you know rich Chinese have already bought many attractive Japanese lands with pure water sources like in Hokkaido district? Using its money, China is gradually, silently and effectively winning the war against Japan without killing. 

I am a Japanese living in Tokyo, and am worried about the future of the next generations of native Japanese.

• 1 month ago

North Korea already bought it.

• Quinn
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Assuming that is even possible, you have no idea what is a good buy or the situation in both countries.  The US is over $27 trillion in debt and that will grow of over $30 trillion because of all the spending during the pandemic crisis. Japan's national debt is even worse because their economy has been shrinking for the last 20 years and because of the pandemic the shrinkage has accelerated.  So you think that a nation already in debt (the US) should buy another country in debt (Japan) and be saddled with having to pay for both countries' national debt. You are clueless.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ben
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

One nation cannot buy another. It would be grossly illegal.

What's more, even if it were legal, there is no way the US could afford to do so. I'm pretty sure China is the only nation which even might be able to afford it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.