Do you think that this scooter is worth a buy?

I already talked to the owner and is waiting on me to be buy. Thank you. 

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/d/fort-lauder...

Well, OK.. I don't argue prices. Either I think it's reasonable or not. That scooter looks nice, taken care of. Ask for maintenance records. I think it's two stroke, which means you must add an oil to the gas.

Good Luck

8000 miles is a lot on a 2 stroke bike.

As this motorcycle can do 50MPH then you have to get and pass a MOTORCYCLE TEST.  Mopeds are under 50cc and cannot reach the speed of 30MPH. They do not need a license or insurance in many cases either as they have as much impact as a bicycle.  You bounce off a Fiat500

Scooters are in a grey area and it makes a difference in every state as to its classification .   Is it a motorcycle or not?(meaning do you need a motorcycle endorsement or license or not? Insurance?

IF you find out in your town you need a Motorcycle license & insurance - then I would not BOTHER WITH IT & go out and buy a 2 stroke motorcycle 125cc to 175cc Enduro (street & off road) motorcycle.  Not an automatic but 5 speed manual with a clutch. Then at least you can do 60MPH. and wheely out of the parking lot.  You must wear a helmet because you will hit the pavement a few times.  Kick start too as it is lighter than an electric start and you don't have to worry about the battery.  You kick it once or twice and then you forget about it.

Your picture is a glorified MINI BIKE powered with a Briggs & Stratton engine (used on lawnmowers and rototillers) with centrifugal clutch(automatic)

I bought BRAND NEW.  It is not worth saving a few bucks to find out the clutch is burned out or brakes non existent.  Buy new so YOU can fluck it up yourself. Then you know what you broke & when. And if it appears for you you can legally operate a 1200cc Harley...or any size in-between.

IMO...anyways.

Mileage is kind of high but if it is in as good  condition as the owner claims, you won't find one much cheaper than that. Ask if they'll let you take it to a scooter dealer / service shop to have it checked over at your own expense. 

No. I got a 2014 Kymco  150, 4K on the clock,  for $1,000 in Sept. .Your example has 8,000, worn rear tire. My tires are Excellent--new ones for  scooter are $$. He is Lying about "50 mph". Maybe, Down Hill.. My 150 hits 65, tops. downhill. Will do 40 all day long. 45 is pushing it.  A 50 cc is Too Small.  And, Mine is a 4 stroke, OHC,  electric start. Auto, also. And Doesn't look like a Vespa clone, either:

EDIT: A 50cc is a Motor-Driven Cycle. Not a moped, Nor a: "motorcycle".  Must be 125 cc or 15 hp to be Motor Cycle,. Still requires a motorcycle endorsement, as no pedals . (Class "L" in my state)

Ride it. .............

i dont see why not

• Barry

Take it for a test ride. Then you will know.