Jen asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Why is it bad to want to become Japanese?

I'm trying to assimilate Japanese culture into my everyday life. Japanese chopsticks, Japanese stationary, Japanese music and shows, studying Japanese, Japanese clothes, Japanese food and drinks, etc.

Japanese people themselves have said to me that they like when foreigners practice Japanese culture, so it's fine, so why do stupid, r*tarded *** Americans say sh!t about other Americans about cUlTuRaL ApPrOpRiAtIoN? No other country things like this but Americans.

To anon, who is scared to show themselves: Well I'm not white anyway, f*cking r*etard. And if you don't have any links or videos of Japanese people saying this, you're only just another r*tarded American c*nt who tried to speak for Japanese people, as if you're one (anyway, if you edit your opinion, you might as well save your breath, because I'm not reading anon.)

https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=... (old man dirt)

Jokes on you, I'm going to be culturally Japanese. You can't tell me what I can and cannot be.

Favorite Answer

> why do stupid, r*tarded *** Americans say sh!t about other Americans about cUlTuRaL ApPrOpRiAtIoN?

Because they are chauvinists. They want the entire world to only speak English.

Or they think it's "kewl" or "funny" to make sincere activists feel bad

Explain what that has to do with "Languages"?

Why are you so agitated and aggressive about this? If you want to bring Japanese culture into your daily life, just do it. Who's going to stop you?

It's nobody's business but your own.The only reason I can think of that people might be attacking you is because of your touchy and aggressive attitude. Relax; be Japanese. Your choice.

I was in Tokyo a few years back with a man who asked for chopsticks in a Japanese restaurant and was asked to leave because they did not use chopsticks! Chopsticks in Japan and their use is very closely associated with how far up or down the social ladder a person is. 

So there is some question to me as to what is and what is not "Japanese".

For what it is worth, becoming  Japanese is not so simple. In Texas it takes three generations to be a Texan, it takes even longer to become Japanese. So you might think, talk and walk Japanese, but you can never be Japanese.

i dont think its bad

Here’s news for you. The Japanese told you that because they can laugh at your white American *** for trying to be Japanese. They’re laughing at you. They’re not laughing with you.