Looking for a great stove with coil elements?

Hi I've never purchased a range before. The one I currently have has 2 no longer working elements nor does the oven work so it's time for a new one.

I'm seeing many flat surface stove tops these days but I still prefer coil elements.

I am in Canada and my max budget is $1400.

2 days ago

Hydrogen peroxide H2O2   kills nanoworms inside facemasks. The elite is faking that they took the real vaccine; the real vaccine will cause spiritual and physical damage. When will the official churches start praying for the false prophet? Orthodox Christian three hand signs are different than Buddhist mudras. Ecumenism = 263 heresies; each heresy leads to hell. Orthodoxy = the only true faith; Roman Catholics tried one cup - one spoon ritual and got sick with Bubonic plague; if heresy enters Orthodox monastery then monks/nuns will get sick with flu/tuberculosis (for instance); Orthodox churches who closed for COVID or had disposable cups/spoons or dipped spoon into alcohol are no longer brides of Christ (now they serve Satan and honor Satan's new COVID religion). Don’t go into UFO to be “healed” by evil demons; demons never do good. SSN is written as a barcode/QRcode; then it's put into a chip; chip is put into vaccine; chipped people are influenced (by super computers) to receive grey plastic card World Passport with no name on it (but when they stretch their hands to get it, gov't clerk presses secret button to administer the unforgivable green 666 tattoo by isotope rays). If you reject mark of the beast (by hiding within a 10-15 people group according to saints Gabriel Urgebadze and Seraphim of Sarov), then your direct ancestors go to heaven (according to saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov from Ural). First vaccine shuts off your immune system; second vaccine gives you diseases; third vaccine puts your immune system back and it will start fighting the diseases and will cause death. Saint Paisios from Mount Athos said that the devil wants to deceive the rich with freemasonry, poor with communism, and believers with ecumenism. Elpidios Vagianakis said that there will be seven “mark of the beast” vaccines; reject all of them! Documents are from Satan; burn all the documents that you can find. Electronics will be used to track you. Even old broken unplugged 1970 TV set will show the evil flying antichrist using Tesla's ether. Don’t go into UFO to be “healed” by evil demons; demons never do good; always pray the Jesus prayer or to saints who help right away (like saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov according to whom if you reject mark of the beast, then your direct ancestors go to heaven); forgive me.

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's); reject all vaccines, tests, temperature scans, etc.; forgive me.

FFS what is the problem with fixing the one you have?

More often than not, its just the element(s), which would be the price of a take-out pizza each. If its the thermostat/ Simmerstat then its a a bit more. 

You rarely need more than a screwdriver and torch to fix em. 

Buy the coils and element(s) first, see how they connect up. 

Mail order is generally even cheaper than in-person purchase.

Just turn off the power supply at the breaker before you start. 

General Electric makes some very good electric ranges. I bought a new one last year for about $500 USD (before tax). {I had to decide between 2 that were kissing cousins.} GE's use of some electronics makes for a few small hassles (if you preheat at the wrong temperature, which goes up or down 5 degrees (F in U S) with each push of a button you need to shut off the oven and then turn it back on and reset the temperature. There is only 1 red light to indicate a burner is on (but not which one). The back plate with the burner dials [and electronic components] is a curved shoulder instead of a flat surface you can put salt and pepper shakers on. The pop up "avoid boil-overs" button in each coil is not too annoying.  The timer beep is a soft sound.} But, yes, I recommend GE.

My advice is to go shopping, find the most expensive coil range you can find, and buy it. Don't worry about the name on it; more than half of them are probably all made in the same place and they just stick a different tag on it. The trouble is that, between consumer demand and what the manufacturers have decided, there are very few high-priced coil ranges available, particularly here in Canada. It seems that the people who tend to spend more money on kitchen appliances want smooth top, so coil ranges are mostly made now for people who just want a cheap stove that works.

I just did a quick look through a few big box and appliance store websites and only found one coil range that wasn't a cheap one. Cheap is anything less than $7-800 for a 30-inch model.

My last cheap range needed an oven thermostat. $300, when buying the same stove new would have cost $600. The appliance guy apologized because, he said, the replacement thermostat was the same junk and wouldn't last either. This was about 3 years ago. I was not going to keep buying thermostats.

So the next time I had a little money extra I went range shopping. Talked to every appliance salesman in town. They all said that spending more money really did get you a better stove, with better quality parts in it.

I thought I wanted a coil range too, because I did not like the smooth tops I'd used in other people's houses. In the end, however, I spent a little more money and got an induction range. I am very happy with it. Works better than any coil range I've ever used. Very fast, very responsive. I didn't replace my electric kettle or the microwave when they broke because the induction is just as fast. The only thing I don't like is the black top, which shows every water spot and bit of dust. You have to be careful if you're using cast iron because it may scratch the top, but that's easily dealt with by putting a cotton tea towel or a piece of paper towel under the pan. If a pot boils over, you can lift it up, wipe, and put the pot back down because the top only gets hot by transfer from the pot. Things cannot get burned on like on a conventional smooth top.

All my pots but two worked on it. If you have aluminum or really old stainless, or glass, you might have to buy some new pots. If you want to sample induction cooking, most places that sell small appliances sell plug-in induction hotplates.

Nadia, before you buy, have you considered replacing two coils and the oven's heating element? Total cost under $100, and any idiot (even me!) can install them. That's what we did with our old stove, and it was totally worth it. We got another ten years out of it, and sold the house with it still in place.

The reason I suggest it is that one of our kids recently had to replace a range and bought a high-rated flat surface, which is mostly what's out there for electric, and she hates it so much she is scouring Craigslist for a used coil-type range.