Have you ever been bitten by an insect?

This afternoon I was bitten by an insect. I didn't see what insect it was. Do I need to be worried?

Favorite Answer

The one thing you should always pay attention to is if the bite has some reaction, redness, swelling, tenderness, pain, hives, etc. sometimes this is a allergy reaction other times it is something else or possibly, if you are a hypochondriac it could be a psychosomatic response from worrying excessively. 

if the bite has no physical reaction then you should be good.

spend more time learning its an investment in yourself...

• wereq

Keep an eye on the area. If you notice skin deterioration or puss, go to the hospital asap... otherwise you're fine from the bite (still not out of the woods, as you might contract a virus from w/e bit you).

• garry

stung yes but bitten no , insects dont have teeth so they cant bite .

I've been bitten by insects. 

The harvester ants around here will bite (ouch) so that they get a more stable platform to aim their stinger (OUCH).

"True bugs" have a beak, and they stab it in.

Fleas, mosquitoes and "biting flies" -- yup.  The mosquitoes hereabouts are the right species to carry things like zika and West Nile virus.

If I had a penny for every arthropod bite, I would be the richest man on the planet.

No. No worries.Of the 200,000 insects, less than 100 may pose any threat to a human.

Sure, it might have been a mosquito and you might get West Nile.  Or it might be a Jerusalem cricket and you might get a peace treaty.

Insects bite all the time. Mosquitoes, bees, bedbugs, flies, fire ants, and plenty more. You clearly haven’t spent much time in the country or out in nature. 

yes by a bee, it was annoying but i survived, also by bedbugs

All the time they even lay eggs under my skin until one day I pop a lavar.

Most insect bites in Europe and North America are not a big deal, although some mosquitoes can transmit the Niles virus, Dengue fever and Zika virus. Flea bites can also transmit the plague. Bites are from some spiders or scorpion stings can be life threatening, and bites from deer ticks can also result in Lyme disease. In the tropics there are some flying insects that can give you horrible diseases by biting.