Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 month ago

How do I not let this stop me from improving myself?

Some people will often try to tell me I'm not pretty or not pretty enough. They'll either say it or they'll imply it indirectly. It hurts and lowers my confidence.

I have about 3 stone to lose. I could improve my style and do stuff like heat style my hair etc. But every time someone puts me down and makes me feel like I'm not pretty enough, I tend to lose motivation to lose weight and look better. It makes me sometimes feel like no matter what I do, I'll never be good enough. On the other hand, I have also been called pretty many times in my life. But the indications that I don't look pretty get to more.

I personally feel that if I lose weight, improve my style etc. it would definitely make me look 10x better. Possibly pretty...maybe I'm not sure

Don't swallow their negative comments. 

The first thing you need to do is to avoid those people with their negative comments.  I can't imagine anyone saying "you're not pretty enough" or "you're not pretty", I mean, who would say that???  I hope you completely avoid those losers who will put down other people to hide their own insecurities. As for you, if you lose some weight, get regular exercise (works wonders for looks and well-being), and wear some simple but updated clothes, you will look and feel better. A great haircut can do wonders, so don't be afraid to go to a good salon and ask them for recommendations on style and color.  You can do it!

Just use your stubbornness. Show them what you can do and make them regret what they say. Make them envious