Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

is it weird for a 22 year old to listen to 60's music ?

My favorite decades are the 1960's and 1990's. I don't consider that weird even though those decades are roughly a generation apart. With that said let's look at the Billboard top 50 rock and roll charts for the decade of the 2010's [the decade where your music listening came of age]:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/decade-end/hot-ro...

Note that Imagine Dragons absolutely dominate. Sure, I think Imagine Dragons is talented and I think their music is pretty good. And some of the other songs and artists aren't too bad here as well. But remember this chart is the best that the 2010's could offer. From that perspective that shows just how dismal the 2010's actually were. It was a musical desert! Compare that to the creative output that was happening in the 1960's that included everything from Doo Wop to Heavy Metal and from Psychedelic to Soul. You could almost blindfold yourself and pick a weekly Hot 100 chart from any month and any year from the 1960's and point to a page and you'd pick a song at random and you'd probably get at least a good song [if not a great one].No, it doesn't surprise me at all that since you were growing up in a decade where the music is mostly nondescript and formula driven that you'd try to find an alternative. And unlike most people you had enough curiosity and drive to go out and proactively find what you like best and so you were able to escape the musical drivel that most people are trapped in. I give you a high five! 

I'm 27 and i listen to jimi hendrix. His music is from 1968 i think

Naw people can listen to whatever they want  22 and I listen to 80s metal and just metal in general as long as you like it who cares 

No, not at all. The truth is, you have superior taste in music to your peers

No, because the 60s music paved the way for today's music, There was some amazing 60s music and Bands too.

No, if you like it listen to it!

• ?

Not as weird as someone in his 60s listening to music from 1998. 

Maybe it is to people your age, but for us who experienced it back then, we can only say no it's not weird because it was such a fun era with great music. If you enjoy it, then keep listening. 70s music was good too. 

It's weird af really

• Matt

no, it's good music