Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 month ago

when and why did it become the style for men to be skinny like women?

and everyone talks about how fat americans are, but if you look at people in other countries. it is normal for fully mature men to be a bit "bulky"...hefty looking. but why, when it became the style for guys to be skinny like women?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

why do people pit women against men as though it is a bad thing. Men and women can be similar. Some men can be thin like one of my brothers and the other is bulkier.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ever since they became metrosexual, homosexual, lady boys.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The first time I heard of it was in the mid-80s when it was discovered male models suffered from bulimia. Then there was the "heroin chic" phase in the 90s. 

• Steven
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I think this is mostly true with models.

Most male models dress in a groovy manner with hip hairstyles that make them look boyish as opposed to manly.

I think it is all about trying to normalise homosexuality, and make it acceptable, 

and perhaps even cool, and may be making a statement to the stereotypical old school male, that being big and brutish and manly is not cool in 2021....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because women don't like fatties despite saying your are supposed to accept them 

being fat which is ironic. 

• Petter
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Women usually have way more body fat then men, just saying...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.