? asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Is this too many layers of clothes I am wearing since it’s winter already in the uk?

I wear more layers of clothing to keep myself warm, so far I’m wearing 4 long sleeved shirts and 2 long trousers and 2 leggings. My mom told me not to wear too many layers as she isn’t wearing as much layers of clothing like me! She says if my body is overheated it can be dangerous I can make my body too hot. I already hve told her that I can make up my own mind for everything. 

Favorite Answer

You only need two layers of clothing, something thin like a shirt/blouse with a jumper on top, 60 denier tights under your trousers or skirt will be enough to keep you warm.

Source(s): I'm English.

At present I am wearing (at home) 4 sweaters on top of each other and 4 layers of pantyhose/tights with leather boots. I go to bed with one-piece fleece footed pajamas wearing tights from underneath. And I am still alive! 😅🧡

I think you have weird sensory issues around clothes because wearing so many layers of regular clothes has no practical function.  I have worn fewer layers comfortably going outside in -20C.  Not only does wearing so many layers make it hard to move but it can make you feel colder, not warmer.  When layering for warmth it's important to trap air between the layers.

If you're dressing for warmth indoors wear a base layer (thin long johns/ thick tights/ thin leggings, a vest, a thin t-shirt or similar), slightly baggy regular clothes over that, then a jumper or fleece, and be sure to wear socks and slippers.  Slippers stop the cold from the floor from chilling your feet.  If you're still cold indoors try adding a scarf and/or gilet.  If you keep the back of your neck warm the rest of you will feel warm.  When you go outside change the gilet for a coat.  As long as your coat is wind and water proofed your torso should stay warm.  It's better to wear two thin socks than one pair of thick socks because if your shoes fit too tightly your feet will feel the cold more.

I think the damage has already been done.

.

You ask more questions in a day here than I have in 10 years . . . . you sure don't know much, do you?

You're overdoing it by quite a bit

• Where the feck in the UK do you live if it is that cold?? 

If you can make up your own mind for everything why are you asking this stupid question on YA?