Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

What can I do now that my fiancee broke off our engagement ? I want to kill myself. Please help me?

So my fiancee decided to break off the engagement after two years and I'm extremely upset. It's all cause of the pandemic and that costed me my possible marriage. She decided to break it off since the vietnamese government has suspended all commercial air traffic. I'm dying inside. She told me to go find someone in the US to date. I was set up with her cause I couldn't find anyone here in the first place. I wished I could beg her to wait for me. I've thought about killing myself many times these past few days. I do have plans of moving soon though to either atlanta or houston and I want to go out and maybe meet someone. What should I do ?? Is there anything I can do to make her wait for me ??? What should I do to be able to meet people either in atlanta or houston or wherever I move to ??

• Jon

Please DON'T harm yourself. If you think you're getting near that point, call your doctor, a suicide hotline, or your country's emergency number (9-1-1 in the U.S.)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

UK information:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/suicide/

That's just what you get for ordering a mail order bride, buddy. It's stupid all around. Someone needs to tell this guy the truth instead of filling his head with all that "Love yourself first and real love will find you" Bullshit. You're damaged, get medication. 

see a therapist. seriously. don't go to the internet looking for advice because some girl wanted an easy green card. actually, this happened to my coworker a decade ago apparently. she divorced him after a good 5 years or so don't know when, when she was granted completely legal. they only want citizenship. trust me

atlanta would be great. i want to go there to visit, not to live. but i'm sure there's plenty of opportunity for you and a new start. 

• Kelly

You should seeks some therapy here, another person can't complete you.  You'll never be happy with someone else if you aren't happy with you.

Learn to love yourself first, then nobody will be able to hurt you.  

Find a hobby you can enjoy and master, like golf, fishing, fly tying (for fly fishing), miniature painting (sell on ebay).  

And always remind yourself that it was your emotions that are making you feel this way and you have control over that.  Don't let it control you.