is it possible to get self esteem if you have had your self esteem attacked a lot in your life?

i'm a male aged 43, i have had a hard unfortunate life so far, failed to find any female relationships and suffered from a severe personality disorder (bpd)....in my growing up years in secondary school, i was taunted, put down, teased and bullied often and had my self esteem constantly attacked and torn down....and i ended up believing what my abusers told me about myself......so now as an adult, i have very low self esteem.

and i was wondering if its too late to get self esteem now and confidence in myself? to ''undo'' what the taunters did........no wonder that ive often been rejected by women....ive also suffered a lot of anger at injustices i suffered, and now can have a very violent temper.

anyway, is there a way at this point to get back my self esteem, in order to have self confidence?

Favorite Answer

There is always a way to make an improvement on how we live.  Have you gone for help from or with a counselor?  As you try to find a new person with self esteem, it is best to have a caregiver backing you.  I wouldn't advise you to go it alone. Try new things.  Go to new places.  It's never too late to make a new Life for yourself. If you can GIVE to others rather than receive from them that would make all the difference.