Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Wasn't photoshop free? ?

2 year ago My friend gave me photoshop using pendrive. I installed it on my PC & I've been using it FOR FREE since 2 years.  now my stupid sibling deleted it from my pc and now when I searched online it says photoshop is not free? I'm confused? Wasn't it free 2 years ago? 

I was using the FULL benefits and also able to save my edits 

I wonder how the hell was I using it since 2 years. 

Yeh it was From Adobe The original Ph

only cs2 was free since it was discontinued. you can find installers online but there is no guarantee it won't come with malware.

No, it was not. I guess you had a pirated version.

Photoshop is paid but GIMP  is a great free alternative, that does the job equally as well. 

• garry

photoshop was free till they sold it to a commercial company 10 years ago , not enough people signing up for it .

• John

I won't belabor the issue. But about 5 years ago an older version of PS could be downloaded from an Adobe support page, yes. Not just PS but the whole Creative Suite, with all keys. It was said to be because Adobe no longer supported the product. That was about a year and then it stopped.

• Enigma

No,Photoshop is not free. It has a monthly user fee now. Too expensive,use GIMP.

Photoshop has never been free. Your friend gave you a pirated copy.

You can use GIMP for free it's a good replacement for Photoshop.

The main Photoshop program has never been (legally) free. Your friend may have provided you with a cracked / pirated copy.

i think you had a cracked or illegally copy

A lot of program that were "free" are no long so.  A lot of programs are going in the direction of subscriptions.