Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 month ago

Who is your favourite Doctor in Doctor Who?

Mine is either Patrick Troughton, or Tom Baker... I'm a bit of a Classic nerd XD

Favorite Answer

I was disappointed the Eccleston only gave us one season.  He was the perfect transition to the modern era of the Doctor.  Tennant is an excellent actor and I enjoy him in everything I have seen.  But I found his Doctor to be a bit whinny for my taste.  Smith was enjoyable during this first couple seasons, with the interplay between him and Amy and Rory being a key to his success.  Not as good once Clara replaced them.  I skip the Capaldi episodes.  Whitter has been good in the role, but has suffered from some so-so scripts.

I do enjoy the Baker and Pertwee era.  Disappointed that they have not gotten Pertwee's son to make an appearance in his father's role.

It's hard not to like Baker just because he was in the role so long that he's mentally associated with the role.  But I kind of think he was just so-so in and of himself.

David Tennant and Matt Smith to me are the penultimate Doctors, with Tennant being #1.  They both brought the playfullness of the Doctor out in a big way, but yet had the acting chops to deliver in serious moments.  I don't like any Doctor that was too serious.  And many of them were.  Capaldi included.  And I think some of the more playful Classic Who Doctors lacked those acting chops.