Why do some men say they are scared to get married?

Why are they like that? Do they want to be alone in their home? Isn’t it strange to not desire children?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Ya-Hoo
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You have to be faithful to only one woman for your entire life, and there's many legal and financial consequences of marriage plus divorce is expensive. Really, there's not much good reason for men to marry except to keep the trophy who's currently dating him, and even then she will probably turn into a wrinkly fat hag who complains all day in 10 years.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Afraid a woman will turn into something unreal become overweight, let her appearance go. Many fear the responsibility of a full time job paying bills being a real man and oh-my-gawd a baby, when he's still a baby. Seek 30 year old men; more mature, and ready for marriage.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because Marriage is supposed to be very life changing zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Men (and this also goes for women) only say they are scared to get married when they are not in love with the person that is asking to be married to them. When you truly care and love someone, you do not fear such a commitment, but welcome it and see it as stronger bond on your relationship.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

they scared of the commitment , really look at marriage , your always broke , kid s to keep till there 20 or older , wife who nags after 5 years , same old hole  , sex when the woman feels like it , house payments for the rest of your life , daughters marriage . who wants kids anyway . only your wife decides to have kids not men . how many men are happy about your wife suddenly saying shes pregnant . can see why men are afraid to get married .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

they see 1 out of 2 marriage end in divorce , mean loss of assets and money and lots of torture and being controlled for life by the ex and the system  

the divorce system is set up against the men

then many men stay married and they end up in loveless (sexless) ugly platonic relation trap

no it is not strange to not want children anymore than it is strange not to want to sky dive 

the worst kind of being alone is being married and feeling all alone because you are no longer her man but her house worker 

nothing is ever so lonely as being with family and ignored 

being single there is always opportunity for REAL company - married you cannot access that

the answer if your looking--  is assured "life" as he sees it ...not you expecting he morph into your dream robot 

men get married and want nothing to ever change

women get married with the idea everything will change 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'd guess that most of the time when a man says he's afraid to get married what he really means is that he's afraid of getting divorced. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe they are scared because they met some women who made their life miserable.    Men need some time alone (it is the nature of men).   With a woman who keeps checking the location, what they are doing at the time or judging their capability of making money, it is just making these men life more difficult.  

But if they ever meet a woman who understands the nature of man, that man will eventually get married.   

It is not that they are scared to have children, it is just they are not ready.... money wise and maturity...

• 1 month ago

You do not have to be married to have opposite sex company in the home...they visit over night...couple days...then the space is yours again. Privacy and personal space without having to seek it is the advantage. Why would it be weird not to want children? There are 4 billion + people in the world. I think it is weird that you think all 4 billion people would have the same preference in life. Moving on...some feel they will now have to guarantee they will be around for their woman, whereas not being married offers reassurance they can exit the situation without a hassle if at any point they wish to see other women. Many havent been raised with a strong, consistent male figure in the home to see how a healthy relationship functions and the role a man plays in his woman and children's lives. So, the idea of playing that role is met with reluctance as they have no living example of that. They do have an example of a single woman, raising kids and that is normal to them. The cycle continues. 

• 1 month ago

Immaturity, fear of commitment and intimacy issues.  Trust me, I used to sing this same song as a younger man.  Once I matured a bit (and discovered intimacy issues had nothing to do with sex), I started singing a different song and got married soon afterward.  Still married (with kids) to that same woman today.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.