What is wrong with this engine?

I have an ice auger, strike master, with a new spark plug, new carburetor, and I went ahead and cleaned literally all of the internals. It has been run on about 45-1 by the previous owner, and I’m using around 30-1 as it won’t run on a heavier mixed fuel. I just can’t seem to figure out what is wrong with it, because it won’t idle for longer than around 5 minutes (while idling high) then when I throttle up, it bogs and sometimes it dies, sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t ever worked with an auger before, but it should be just like anything else, right? I’m thinking it has a low amount of compression, but my kit is out of order as of right now. Any ideas with this?

ISIS = ISRAELI SECRET INTELLIGENCE SERVICE = daughter of MOSSAD.

AL QAEDA = daughter of CIA.

Next false flag (in order to attack Iran) = STATUE OF LIBERTY.

9/11 and Statue of Liberty false flags were predicted by saint healer prophet VYACHESLAV  KRASHENINNIKOV (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL).

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's); reject all vaccines, tests, temperature scans, etc.; forgive me.

Go on youtube and do a search for why your brand augur won't run properly. Some 2 stroke motors plug up the exhaust reeds.

"as it won’t run on a heavier mixed fuel."??

45:1 is 45 parts gas to 1 part oil  45 oz gas to 1 oz oil

30:1 is 30 parts gas to 1 part oil  30 oz gas to 1 oz oil

YOU ARE RUNNING ON A HEAVIER MIX AT THE MOMENT.     Your fuel mix is all wrong.  Fix it and that may fix it for you....in other words that is schit fuel. Dump it. Garbage.  Do a new mix and clean and dry spark plug.   Screw it in finger tight. good enough.  Try to start it.  

You ARE USING 2 stroke oil, right?  Motor oil is not the same thing, nor can it ever be.

Replace the fuel filter.  It is running very lean.

Change the spark plug again - very carefully. If the new spark plug got cracked during the install it can cause problems as it heats up. They're cheap to try another one and I've seen this problem many times.

Exhaust was my first thought as well. Small engines are incredibly sensitive to impeded exhaust flow.

Make sure all the exhaust components are clean, properly secured and undamaged. Sometimes even as much as a small dent in an exhaust manifold or muffler component is enough to restrict the flow of exhaust and affect engine performance. This will be most noticeable as a loss of power at full throttle/ high RPM operation.

Running too rich of a fuel/oil mixture (too much oil) can also contribute to this. Excess oil causes dirty exhaust and that grime from the exhaust builds up on internal surfaces of the exhaust system and restricts airflow. This is particularly problematic if there is any type of screen built into the system such as a spark arrestor since the grime builds up on the screen and results in smaller air holes.

I would also switch to an ethanol free, high octane fuel like that stuff you can buy in a can. Get the stuff that is pre-mixed with synthetic oil at 40:1 or 50:1

Bad (old) gas and ethanol can also be contributing factors. 

I know that stuff is expensive compared to getting gas from a regular gas station and adding 2-cycle oil, but you use so little of it in a small engine that it really isn't that much money. Its well worth it if it helps fix a problem or prevent it from happening in the first place.

Good luck.

• CB

You should clean up the exhaust screen if it has one. A clogged exhaust cause all kinds of similar running issues. Also the fuel line pickup tube and any other plastic hosing was replaced when the carb was replaced - they crack and can change mixture ratio or fail to pickup fuel fast enough. Make sure the fuel cap is venting properly too.