In your opinion, what was the saddest ending to a sitcom in your opinion?

The final episode of Blackadder Goes Forth.

• Snid

The Good Place was incredibly sad.

The ending of Dinosaurs when the ice age is coming and we realize they will all freeze to death.  But the last episode of Six Feet Under made me cry so hard.

Himym, the ending itself its not sad but its sad that they decide to put such a horrible ending to a good show. 

I dunno about saddest, but worst probably goes to Rosanne where they killed off John Goodman's character, then tied it up as being Rosanne having written the entire show as a book or something years after his death.

Seinfeld had the most pathetic ending

When Lt. Col. Henry Blake, played by McLean Stevenson, was killed when his plane was shot down after he was discharged from the Army and on his way home in an episode of MASH.  

I agree with Anon. Blackadder WW1 series.

• Nancy

Maybe Friends because they all just kind of broke up. Seinfeld's was pretty sad, too, sort of. They all ended up going to prison. It would've been sad if it hadn't have been so damn funny.

I always thought that Blackadder (In case there are people who don't know what that is, it's a British sitcom from the 80's that starred Rowan Atkinson and later Hugh Laurie) had one of the saddest endings in TV history.