Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

Hamster aggressively bites clothes?

Hi, I got a hamster a couple weeks ago. He is a boy Djungarian hamster. He loves to walk out of his cage onto my hand. He will take treats from my hands and is very friendly. He never hides from me, infact, he will come to the door when he hears my voice and I never try to invade his cage. Lately, he acts friendly at first and then will start to bite me and aggressively bites my clothes, like actually aggressive. I am not sure if his teeth just hurt (bc I have nibble rings for him but he doesnt seem to care for them) or if I have done something to upset him. He has also been biting his cage bars. Please help!! All the things I have read have not been very helpful. 

If you haven't already, you could take him to a vet and get their opinion. He could be in pain and they may be able to help.

Another possibility is to get different types of chews for him, like wood, pumice, or certain types of chew treats. You can research which types are safe for your hamster.

Now, I don't have a hamster, but I know that whenever my pet rats get bored, they get kinda bitey, so I have to rotate their toys often. Maybe something similar is happening to your pet.