Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentEmbassies & Consulates · 1 month ago

I owe child support can I be detained at the US embassy in Mexico City?

I'm a US CITIZEN who lives in Mexico City, I want to get a visa for my son who was born in Mexico, I my first son lives in the USA with his mother, as of today, I owe 3,000 dollars in child support, can I be detained at the embassy in Mexico City?

1 Answer

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    As the US Embassy is US soil, so under US laws, of course the US can detain you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.