Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 month ago

(Star Wars: The Mandalorian) I'm confused, I thought Luke Skywalker was the last Jedi, so why are there still other Jadi(s) still alive?

If you're referring to Grogu and Ahsoka they have the force, but have not been granted the title of Jedi.

Because the series takes place sometime between Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi. 

Ahsoka was a character from the popular Clone Wars cartoon, and was something of a fan favorite. 

The implication here is that she was hiding out on a sufficiently remote world that she kind of sat out the entire Episodes 4-6 activity.  Which kind of sh_ts on her character if you ask me, but I didn't watch the cartoon.  I'm not in love with this move, but Mandalorian is the best Star Wars content since RotJ at least....maybe since ESB.  So I'm not going to make too big a deal out of it.  It's far from Mandalorian's greatest sin as a series.

The Mandalorian is set 25 years before the events of The Last Jedi. 

This also means that the show is set years before the downfall of Skywalker's Jedi academy, where many Jedi students were killed.