Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do people say you're shoving religion down their throats, when you're not, & you're just simply sharing the Gospel?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Those same people who say that wish to shove their politics and philosophy down your throat, ignore them and carry on.

• Zany
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Didn't your etiquette teacher tell you that other people have different opinions on religion, and all of them are crazy and stupid and without any intellectual merit. Keep your nonsense in your head and be happy.

• 1 month ago

In reality, we all know the gospel and probably much better than you do.  You "sharing" it to most of us is like trying to sell a time share vacation that we already know is a pointless waste.

I and most of us, already know everything that you might say, every argument and every attempt at presenting evidence, but we've already thoroughly investigated and fact checked everything you might offer. Your witness or testimony is nothing new, we've heard it and lived it thousands of times and we understand it better than you will ever hope to.

• Khaled
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Why not sharing Quran: "Verily this Qur'an doth guide to that which is most right (or stable), and giveth the Glad Tidings to the Believers who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a magnificent reward" (Quran)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Because just like shít, people don't want others to share the Gospel with them.

• 1 month ago

"Sharing the Gospel" with someone who's interested in it, and in fact wants to hear it from you..? Is fine. And NOT an example of shoving religion down someone's throat.

"Sharing the Gospel" with someone who's NOT interested in it? Who in fact just wants to be left alone, and repeatedly says so? Is NOT fine! And is indeed a perfect example of shoving religion down someone's throat.

..Same goes with all other issues! Whether they be religious or political! Which, it really shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Not if you've got basic social skills, anyway! Which.. apparently fundie religion has deprived many people of theirs. Either that, or they just don't care.

• 1 month ago

You are assuming they care to hear it. It's presumptive and rude.

You should always ask if they want to hear it. They won't listen if forced anyway. 

How much Islam do you want to hear?  Or maybe scientology?

Respect others beliefs and boundaries and  expect it in return.

• 1 month ago

It is very common for evangelism to be done insensitively and ineffectively by being too forceful.

• 1 month ago

John 15:18-20 

Jesus said, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. [19] If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. [20] Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

• Carmen
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

They're shoving their atheism down your throat. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.