Covid 19 and the PCR test?

If i had the vaccine would i test positive for Covid 19 if i then have a PCR test as i am led to believe that the vaccine creates a spike protein on the surface of my cells in order to stimulate my immune system which is the same protein that is on the surface of the virus. 

I work at a COVID test center, and we issue no warnings about false positives for those who have been vaccinated.  We do issue warnings to someone who had COVID-19, but has recovered and is no longer communicable.  Such a person could still test false positive for up to 3 months, at least that's our guideline.

Just like a computer antivirus program doesn't look for the whole virus, but just a small "signature" part, I suspect the PCR test we use only looks for a small part of the virus, and probably not a surface protein, either.  But that's just a guess.

Source(s): Lately, I've been helping at vaccination centers, too.

If the virus is a car, then the vaccine makes your body start making tires, and the PCR test looks for door handles, alternators, and fuel lines.

Covid tests look for the virus RNA. The vaccine does not contain the entire genome of the virus, only the small part that codes for the protein that allows the virus to entire cells. So, when you get the vaccine, your cells will start making the protein, and the proteins are then treated as a new antigen or invader. Your immune system will start making antibodies to attack the protein. Since you do not have the entire genome of the covid virus, a test designed to look for the virus' gene will not return a positive result. The vaccine also will not fool cells into making more copies of the virus either. 

OTOH, even if you get the vaccine, it takes time for your immune system to make antibodies, about a few weeks. So, you can still be infected by covid-19 after getting the virus. If so, then you will test positive for the virus. You will test positive not because of the vaccine, but because you got the virus yourself. 

• Ted K

The PCR primers used in the test are not directed against the spike protein gene, but rather a different part of the viral genome, so getting the vaccine should not result in a positive test.

Since the spike protein is not unique to SARS CoV-2 (i.e. it's present on other coronaviruses) it wouldn't make any sense to use that as the target for a COVID test.  At least four other coronaviruses cause the common cold, so you'd be getting false positives for people that just have the sniffles.

It was my understanding that it disables the spikes, so maybe that's the way it works.