Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Should I send back my new m.2 sata SSD?

I just found out that my laptop supports a PCIe M.2 2280 SSD. I hear it's better and I'm not so bright when it comes to these things.

• Lv 7

sata is nowhere near the speed of PCIe.

however, PCIe also costs double, typically.

Open up the back of your laptop and see if the shape of the old hard drive is the same shape as the SSD that you have bought. If it is you can take the old one out and put the new one in the same slot. After which you can install and operating system on it.

If you have a laptop that doesn't have a square looking solid state drive or square looking hard drive but instead has a long memory card then neither a solid state drive or a physical hard drive will work in it you'll have to get the kind that you see when you remove the cover.

Short answer is yes....get rid of that sata SSD, get the nvme SSD.  I suggest Western Digital Black nvme SSD.