John
John asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

is there a site you can download a copy of windows 10 home.?

an update messed my windows up and i lost my recovery media. any help with this is appreciated.

I'm extremely content with the buy, download, and introduce of Windows 10 Home over my Windows 7 PC. It was all programmed, drivers, programs, and the working framework, all worked out in a good way.

If its a legitimite installation you can resinstall by downloading windows from microsoft website itself.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/...

If your windows id messed up you may need to use another device to download it just log in with the same Microsoft details as your old account and it will use your hardware to link the licence.

Use Windows 10 System Restore to rollback the update.  Type "System Restore" in the search bar located on the taskbar.  Select "system restore" from the search results.  Select a restore point before the system update.  Click "restore."

• i + i

There's of course dozens of sites. However, 

the only one you can trust is Microsoft itself. 

• garry

yes windows but you need to register it to get regular updates . try microsoft .

• Bill-M

Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

This is the Web site:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/...

Click on "Download Tool Now"   Then run the File you Downloaded.

This tool will download the current version of Windows 10  Home and Pro

and place it on a USB stick for you to install on as many pc's as you want.

From any other person's computer download Windows 10 media creation tool. Check mark the box that says that you want to create an external USB drive.

Use a decent speed 8 gig USB drive. When you reinstall Windows 10 and it asks you for the license number click the space that says I don't have a license number.

The only thing you need to know before you do this is if you had Windows home premium or if you had Windows professional.  Because you will have to choose which one once you boot to the device. 

delete all of the partitions that you see in front of you from the old installation. Then click new. Then click the install button. After you see the install getting ready to restart your computer. Pull the install stick out or it will try to boot back to the stick and do the installation over.

Removing it when you see it's saying restarting the computer will prevent that.

Now when windows asks you to connect to the internet don't connect to the internet instead click the box on the left hand side that says I don't have any Internet.

On the next screen on the left hand side choose limited experience. Trust me on this I'm the computer doctor I do this all the time! After Windows finishes setting itself up.

And you're on the screen where you can see your desktop then you can connect to your internet.

After 5 minutes click on the start menu and verify that Windows has reactivated itself that's under security activate Windows it should reactivate itself just fine.

If for some reason your start menu freezes up and it does that sometimes when it's first setting itself up then right click on your start menu and the emergency shutdown menu will appear just click restart my computer from the emergency shutdown menu.

when it restarts you can go ahead and set everything up like you want it

The microsoft site.