Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 month ago

Why is a lot of American Chinese takeout kind of sketchy?

It seems like the quality of Chinese takeout is never the highest.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You have no idea what's in it or how to make it, do you?

• 1 month ago

Well, one part has to do with the fact that American Chinese food is almost nothing like actual Chinese food because as Chinese immigrants came and settled down in America, they would adapt food they were selling to American tastebuds i.e. more sugar and fat. Another part of it is just that because of the cultural narrative or idea that Chinese takeout is supposed to be cheap, to keep the doors open and prices cheap well... you're not gonna be able to afford great quality ingredients. But it really depends on yr takeout spot also

• 1 month ago

In spots like New York, American-Chinese eateries have profoundly inserted ... Indeed, even among Americans, there is still a lot of disarrays. ... You'll see various kinds of Chinese food patterns in nations no matter how you look at it.

• 1 month ago

Your eating at the wrong places. Some take out is better than high served restaurants for a 1/3 the price.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Take out is like Amy other fast food. This is never as good as any "sit down" restaurant. This is prepared in big vats, with a lot of artificial flavorings.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

you wouldnt know what the best is , you have american chinese food , china hates the american style , get a life and travel and see the different chinese styles of food .

• 1 month ago

That’s not universally true, but where it does occur it’s because diners don’t demand better, or because they accept what’s on offer because they cannot afford to pay for better quality.

• 1 month ago

I'm not sure what you mean by "sketchy". I don't know of any health problems- Chinese food is pretty healthy. If you want to go to a place with $5 General Tso's chicken, you're going to get what you pay for. It's not going to have expensive ingredients that you might get at a higher priced Chinese restaurant. But Chinese takeout places are inspected and have to follow the same rules about cleanliness and ingredients as all the other restaurants in the US. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A wise old man once told me to Never go to a Chinese take out joint that was located on or near a body of water, since there would be no fish or birds in the area anymore. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think its pretty good

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.