Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 month ago

Is this a friendly message to receive? (How) should I respond?

So I reached out to one of my school friends about a week ago. They got back with the following:

'Hi _____,

All good here. Still in France doing the PhD. So don't have a real lockdown.

Glad I was not in the UK for corona.

what are you doing these days?'

tl;dr - Is this a friendly message to receive, and do they want a reply? If so, please could you help me by suggesting how to reply.

Sure it is friendly, and they are stating right in the message they would like a response. Just answer with what you would say if they were right infront of you. 

• drip

I have an friend working in France and they are most certainly are on lock done. And masks.  And the virus isn’t over as yet. France didn’t by pass the pandemic.

They have asked how you are doing, so tell them.

They asked what you're doing these days, so they seem open to hear from you. Keep it brief- a few sentence about what you're doing, and then maybe something about how it would be great to get together again and catch up, once travel is possible.