Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

What breed could this cat be?

• Alma

Looks like a seal point siamese cat to me.

• Shay

Here is the problem - unless the cat came with papers - it is not a pure breed of anything.  Since it is not a pure breed of anything, that means it is a domestic short hair.  Specifically, it is a domestic short hair with seal point markings.  (domestic short hair or domestic long hair is a polite way to call a cat a "mutt" - it just means mixed breed cat)  

There are two specific breeds of cat that often have seal point markings.  Obviously, a Siamese cat has these markings, and Himalayan cats also can have seal point markings.  Both a Siamese and Himalayan cat also have blue eyes.

This cat could be a mix of any combination of breeds, but someplace in the lineage, there was probably either a Siamese or a Himalayan (or both)  Himalayan is usually a long haired breed, so the chances of Siamese lineage is probably more likely than Himalayan.  It really just depends on what other breeds have been mixed into this cat.

It is a Siamese cat or Siamese mix. It has the dark colored tips of the breed. 

It is a Siamese!!! I now have 5 siamese, my one boy is the one I use for my profile pic!

• CB

Siamese             

It's a NO-BREED domestic cat with pointed markings.

Pointed markings doesn't mean siamese.   The cat doesn't have the oriental shaped head that a siamese has