Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

How to fix a broken heater?

I have a mini space heater that I have ordered from Amazon and it was working fine when it was delivered. Today, there is something wrong with the back button, the heater is not turning on at all, so I opened up the heater with one of my screwdrivers to check what is wrong inside and it turned out that one of the wired pieces from the heater might have fell off of the button. How do I fix it for free? I live in Chicago, Illinois and it is quite cold as hell, I need it working so that I can stay warm. The heater that is in the picture down below is my heater. I did not put it in water though. 

It is a joyday fan heater.

IF, and ONLY IF, the loose wire is supposed to be attached to the switch, reattaching it should fix the issue.

If you have to ask, I STRONGLY recommend YOU not attempt repairs to a device that could easily burn your home to the ground is improperly repaired.

Update: Based on the photo in your answer, the problem IS NOT a wire loose from the switch.

Note: NEVER answer your own question. Post an update to the question.

one of the wired pieces from the heater might have fell off of the button.

You are not mechanically inclined so you did not notice WTH you were doing.   Now you have to HOPE a handiman can figure out what you lost or broke. And fix it.  You can only give him everything and not say you opened it.  Hopefully he can figure it out for you.

If you are in an apartment, the Landlord is a handyman of sorts meaning he may be able to fix it.

solutions:  a) return that for replacement.  b) find a handyman or hobbyist who fixes electrical items and ask him [most likely a him] to see if he can reconnect the wire].  -- grampa   I recommend A) though.  just buy another on Amazon and return this one ...

Throw it away and get a new one.

Here is the inside of the heater. See the spot with the red and blue wires? That is the spot. The back button is not turning on.