any disability/work advice?

So I have a disability that affects concentration. I have meds but they just help me get out of bed, they dont help with concentration. However, my work performance is starting to be affected and I have been suspended twice. Im pretty sure im close to getting fired. I have applied for other jobs because the other job descriptions it would be easier to concentrate and give me less chances to mess up however im always being passed over for them. i have an idea on what accommodations to ask for except the big one is a major part of my job and they dont want you to have my job title if you cant do it. my question is how to best go about asking for the accommodations i need and still have a job at the end of the day and also not look like im making excuses 

• n2mama

Removing essential parts of your job would not be a reasonable accommodation under the ADA, so it isn’t just about your company not wanting you to have your job title if you can’t do it. Is your company already aware of your disability, or is this going to be the first they are hearing about it? Have you had it since you got hired for the position, or is it a newer development? You need to request a meeting with your immediate boss and HR where you can explain the situation and your struggles. Recognize that the solution may be to move you to a different position that might come with a pay cut if the position is a lower grade or has fewer responsibilities. It may still come across as you making excuses, and if you cannot perform your essential job functions and there are no reasonable accommodations to be made, there may not be much they can do for you. 

Accommodations are usually given to a physical disability.  Since yours is about concentration, there isn't an accommodation that they can give you that fixes your issue.  You need to get a job where you do not need to apply yourself for long periods of time, something where concentration is not required, or something requiring brief concentrations only.  You can either do the job or you can't and applying for jobs that you know you won't be able to do because concentration is required, is asking to bounce from job to job.  Too much bouncing won't look good on your resume and it could make you unemployable.  So find a job you CAN do.